7/15/07

Red 03 (Porter (A Lament))

I love you so much, I kneel behind the uniforms,
I love you so much, I burn all the evidence
You sin, but sin is such a natural thing these days,
And I cannot help but be too captivated by it for my own good...

The bombs drop and silence crushes us, pounding waves of it.

I love you so much, I stand under the shadows, waiting
I love you so much, I dance with the architecture of it
There are stars, above, in the World War hallows that hang overhead
And I cannot help but be pulled in, worried for the end as I always am.

I wait and I wait and I wait for something to happen.

The false alarms are too much to bear.

I love you so much, I hold back the consequences
I love you so much, I stop my heart with the sheer force of the worry
That song lilting, scratched and old on the phonograph,
It's started a fire inside my ears.

I probably won't ever see you again.

No comments: